free website stats program Fatboy into bagger ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatboy into bagger ?

08_Fatboy

Anybody here put touring hard saddlebags on a Fatboy? What brackets should I use? I like the Roadking look. Just not ready to get a newer bike yet.

Thanks. I already know which bags I want. A Road Glide in '08 came with the Candy Red Sunglo color and a matching stripe. I just want to get the best brackets for attaching them. And wondering if my detachable backrest is compatible. And the turn signals will need relocated. I need to figure out how to post pics.

Look at the hardware for the Heritage which is the Farboy in sheep's clothing.:s The touring bags will not work on the softail mounting hardware. Of course with enough time and money, anything can be made to fit anything. However, I would be looking for a softail compatible bag similar to the Road King bags to make the project more manageable and less costly. There are turn signal relocation kits available; H-D and aftermarket.

I might be wrong here but I think the exhaust system of the fatboy would get in the way of most bags on that side of the bike so you may have to factor in replacing the exhaust system if you still have the stock or similar system

Brian

Thanks guys. I appreciate all advice. I do have after market exhaust Vance & Hines Big Shots. I've seen lots of pics of Fatboys with the touring bags online. I like the way it looks. Just trying to get it right.

i do believe you are looking for something similar to this, a lot of time and money has gone on this one as they have put the extended bags on it as well as an extended Fender

Attachments

• 2010FatboyLo2.jpg
    2010FatboyLo2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 49
Anybody here put touring hard saddlebags on a Fatboy? What brackets should I use? I like the Roadking look. Just not ready to get a newer bike yet.

I bought mine on ebay for 145.00 they are hard bag brackets for softails. Hope this helps you

Back