free website stats program fatboy exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

fatboy exhaust

saintNH

Can anyone tell me if I can put the stock dual exhaust from a springer on my fatboy? My concern is where the crossover crosses over. There is what looks like a motor mount that comes down from the seat to the motor. Looks like a 3/4" tube thats D shaped. Would that get in the way or does the pipe go through without a heatshield and fits fine? Does the springer have this same mount in the same spot? If so, does anyone know where I can get a set? I checked ebay and there arent any used sets.

It would be easier to put a set of Vance and Hines true duals on if that is the look that you want. Triple J just put a set on his Heritage and they look great
WAP.gif

Any reason in perticular it would be easier to do the true duals? Im not scared of having to do a little work to get them on but my logic is that if I can get a used stock set of duals to fit it would be much cheaper than buying an aftermarket set. I have done some more looking around and I see that I would have to move the coil which is no big deal. But other than that I dont see why it wouldnt work. If theres anyone out there with a set kicking around the garage please let me know.

Back