free website stats program fatboy cutting off | Harley Davidson Forums

fatboy cutting off

davidflstf

i have a 2003 fatboy that cut off the other day while riding. stiil had lights and horn, just no power to starter. when the problem happened it had to cut power to coil and starter system because of the way the bike shut down and would not crank over. after a few minutes it fired right up and ran great. this has happened a couple of times. anyone have any ideas??

Welcome to the forum, lots of information here. My I suggest that you read the forum rules. As for as your problem you may need to upgrade the 40 amp main breaker to a 50 amp breaker if you have not already done so. This should take care of your problem.

Check, inspect and clean the kill switch on the handlebar too.

i have a 2003 fatboy that cut off the other day while riding. stiil had lights and horn, just no power to starter. when the problem happened it had to cut power to coil and starter system because of the way the bike shut down and would not crank over. after a few minutes it fired right up and ran great. this has happened a couple of times. anyone have any ideas??

Sounds exactly like what I was having on 2007 Fatboy a year ago. Check the Diagnostic codes if it shows starter relay problem I would bet it is the same issue. After replacing two relays I discovered the pins of the socet that hold the relay were wired loose, soldered them tight no more problem. Good luck

Back