free website stats program fat tire coversion 160 to a 200? | Harley Davidson Forums

fat tire coversion 160 to a 200?

According to Harley, a 180 is as big as you can go for recent years on most Dyna models. I have a 180 on my 2009 FXDC and I agree with Harley. A bigger one would not work. Any bigger and you'd need a different swing arm and a wider fender and probably have to run the wiring outside the fender somehow. BTW, the 180 looks pretty good to me and no mods to the bike.

According to Harley, a 180 is as big as you can go for recent years on most Dyna models. I have a 180 on my 2009 FXDC and I agree with Harley. A bigger one would not work. Any bigger and you'd need a different swing arm and a wider fender and probably have to run the wiring outside the fender somehow. BTW, the 180 looks pretty good to me and no mods to the bike.

I second that, I like the 180 enough, I do not think the 200 would be worth the hassle you would have to go through. I did the kit, but enough have said there is plenty of room for the 180, even without rerouting the wiring, unless of course you are going to lower the shocks too.

Back