free website stats program Fat Boy Mystery | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Boy Mystery

chip843

I have a 2004 Fat Boy and all of a sudden after riding 2-3 miles it wil just die.By that I mean I will lose all electrical power, all guages, light etc.The bike will coast to a stop and by then guages will come back on, if I try to start it then nothing happens. I wait maybe 4-5 minutes then it will start and last another 2-3 miles. I stopped by the Harley shop and a service advisor said it could be the fuel regulator. I scatched my head on that one since I dont understand how that could cause the electrical to go out. So Iam asking for any help you can throw my way.

First point to check would be the battery cables are clean and tight at both ends of the cables so remove them clean with a wire brush both on the cables and where they mount to
and re fit them
always remove the - terminal first and replace last

Brian

Sounds like a bad self reset-able circuit breaker. Check the schematics for placement of the Main CB. I would convert it to a Maxi Fuse if it was my bike. Those CB's are not the best choice for electrical protection. Those CB's put several HD mechanics kids through college I am sure....

I agree with Hoop here. "Resettable" being the key word.

Bodeen

Back