free website stats program Fat Boy Headlight Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Boy Headlight Adjustment

G Nick

Hello Everyone. I'm new here. I recently bought a 1998 Fat Boy Anniversary with 11K miles on it. The headlight is really poor, and it needs adjustment at the very least. Does anyone know how to go about the adjustment?

Shine your low beam headlight against a wall 25 feet away. Measure the height of the light cut off being projected onto the wall. It should be 2" lower than the headlight filament height.

Meaning headlight cutoff should drop 2" per 25feet of distance.

Shine your low beam headlight against a wall 25 feet away. Measure the height of the light cut off being projected onto the wall. It should be 2" lower than the headlight filament height.

Meaning headlight cutoff should drop 2" per 25feet of distance.
Thanks for the info, but where is the adjustment "screw" located??

I can recommend the 80/100 osram bulb. It fits in the reflector with only a little tab that needs to be filed off, about 1/16" then it drops right in socket perfectly. It draws a little over 8 amps on high but with a 20 amp fuse and nothing else running off that wire and fuse it has not be a problem. Only draws 6 amps in low and I usually ride with it on low in daylight. Big difference! at night, great detail visible on road and sides of road. HD should use this bulb as it's standard equipment.

I can recommend the 80/100 osram bulb. It fits in the reflector with only a little tab that needs to be filed off, about 1/16" then it drops right in socket perfectly. It draws a little over 8 amps on high but with a 20 amp fuse and nothing else running off that wire and fuse it has not be a problem. Only draws 6 amps in low and I usually ride with it on low in daylight. Big difference! at night, great detail visible on road and sides of road. HD should use this bulb as it's standard equipment.

It's great you listed the current loads of each filament. Good info Tks.

Back