free website stats program fat bob 09 rev limiter??? | Harley Davidson Forums

fat bob 09 rev limiter???

exprim

hi everyone, love my new fat bob... would like to know how to disconnect the rev limiter?? I hit 160 km/h with lenty of rev left but can't go any faster... I mean, isn't harley meant to set you free:D?
can anyone help?
cheers.

You cant "disconnect" it but you could get the Stage 1 download to have raised.
By the way, the rev. limiter is there for a reason.

cheers,
yes, it is there for a reason, but it's not about speeding... but rather having the option....

hi everyone, love my new fat bob... would like to know how to disconnect the rev limiter?? I hit 160 km/h with lenty of rev left but can't go any faster... I mean, isn't harley meant to set you free:D?
can anyone help?
cheers.

have fun blowing your engine up
:Dcheers

ok, so it isn't the rev limiter, is there a speed limiter on a factory fat bob 09??? I was at 160km/h and felt there was a lot of power left in the engine...

oh the stock heads will not take being beat on for long as the springs on the valves are not strong enough and youwill get valve float scrapping your motor

Beg to differ. My stock but ported heads with stock valves and springs in my 95"Deuce, rev limiter set at 6200 rpms (I bump it regularly) and engine is holding up fine. I suppose that if I missed a shift and over revved the engine to >7500, the springs might not be able to keep the lifters on the cam lobes but with springs that would keep the lifters on the cam lobes valve train noise would be louder that I want and the valves would beat up the seats during normal operation.

The stock springs will work just fine in most streetable builds that produce 100TQ/100HP or thereabouts.

Back