free website stats program fast riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

fast riding

My softail was a big let down handling wise.The RK and dyna handled just fine.But then again I've never rode a beemer or ducati,or any of their ilk.

I've ridden my share of "crotch rockets" and nothing compares to 13,000 screaming rpm's at 140 mph on a bike, but not a Harley.

Welcome to The forum, Harleys that go fast do not last long and become unstable at that high of speeds IMO

disagree with the stability part but then I'm a loon and don't really care, as has been said on the twists even with custom built suspension (read expensive) you won't catch a sports machine in the twists, physics to a certain extent won't let you !!! the other is how little fear you have and a willing ness to leave parts behind as you grind them off as for not lasting long, built right they will last ok but need regular maintenance and over and above the norm to keep them running sweet and the broken parts which will happen are likely to be more costly - now it also depends do you want sleeper or in your face?
my 2009 street bob was a sorta sleeper as it looked like a matt black custom but 120hp and 147ft/lbs at the rear wheel meant from 40 to about 120 rice was dust and the custom suspension and fork inserts mean it cornered (just) but once in the twists and the rice was in the power nothing short of slinging mine of a cliff would keep up - gearing is a big killer on HD's as well as valve Float (read expensive when it lets go) - mine was eating starters every 3 months and stretching head bolts and needed to be run on near enough race fuel, for the road i could just scrape through with 104octane pump fuel

now if you just one numbers and figures and no rear tyre fit a turbo or blower and just be happy you will rinse them in a straighish line

[fast riding] has been at the top of the new post page for several days .It shows 2 post with hddon being the last poster. It just isn't showing which post are new. Is it my computer or something with the forum? There are know 13 post with the new post page showing only 2.

I have a buddy with a 2009 softtail deluxe I believe he has the 124 ss motor in it...when he rolls the throttle in first and second gear it will just smoke the tire..he says he has spanked many riceburners in stoplight to stoplight action

[fast riding] has been at the top of the new post page for several days .It shows 2 post with hddon being the last poster. It just isn't showing which post are new. Is it my computer or something with the forum? There are know 13 post with the new post page showing only 2.

I'm not very tech savvy but here's something Speed posted for the moderators several days ago:

We are testing a APC caching system. And look like it force to cache on user end and will not work for everyone. It will be removed today. Press ctrl+r (reload) on your browser to remove the cache.

I have a 2002 road king harley, what does it takes to make my bike run like a 1000 plastic bike. I always try to catch one of this and can not. does it take a lot of modification or just a couple of parts can at least go near them. thanks for the advise.

Dude, are you chasing supersport bikes with a touring bike?

If you want to ride with sport racing bikes you need a racing bike. You might want to think about why you want a motorcycle. Years ago I took my Sportster to Stugris, South Dakota, and riding through Wyoming the winds kept trying to push me off the road. At a gas station I asked a guy on a Road King Deluxe what he thought of the wind. He said, "What wind? You have a sweeter ride than those light weight types. :rider

You can spend the time & money to modify your Road King to be a stage one racer-- strip off all parts but essentials and bolt on more power, but chances are you couldn't beat a modified supersport.

I have a stage one Fat Bob that I had to have certified street legal (see my past posts) that I love sprinting around traffic. I don't race anyone, just not interested. I love riding up and around the hills along the California coast with my girlfriend.

That said, now Good Luck!

:44:

Last edited:
Back