free website stats program fast riding | Harley Davidson Forums

fast riding

angelgarcia

I have a 2002 road king harley, what does it takes to make my bike run like a 1000 plastic bike. I always try to catch one of this and can not. does it take a lot of modification or just a couple of parts can at least go near them. thanks for the advise.

No need to run like 1000 plastic bike when on a RK!

Figure out where to go....they will follow you...just dont let them ride yours:D

Harley's are not crotch rockets and were never meant to be. There are many mods to make them run faster, but if that is what you want buy the crotch rocket.

Welcome to The forum, Harleys that go fast do not last long and become unstable at that high of speeds IMO

Bottom line is basic physics. You can not make a 800 lb motorcycle do anything near a 400 lb motorcycle with upwards of 150+ hp. Let alone try to corner a 800 lb motorcycle similar to a 400lb motorcycle. So its nothing more than a dream.................:33:
Its like trying to get a Buick to perform like a Porsche......:lolrolling

Bottom line is basic physics. You can not make a 800 lb motorcycle do anything near a 400 lb motorcycle with upwards of 150+ hp. Let alone try to corner a 800 lb motorcycle similar to a 400lb motorcycle. So its nothing more than a dream.................:33:
Its like trying to get a Buick to perform like a Porsche......:lolrolling

And just as importantly (more so in certain circumstances) stopping that much weight.
The brakes on a super sport are far beyond anything I've experienced on a cruiser. If you were so inclined you could lock up the front wheel with a single finger.

I am not jumping on the "bash bus" but here something for thought:

Did you ever notice how us Americans are so obsessed with speed? All the "hot rods" and "muscle" cars of yesterday could go fast in a straight line, but take it onto a road where you had to turn and brake, forget it. My HD and the 3 I have had prior, have all been let downs as far as keeping up with the Euro bikes and maneuvering. But that is not why I buy them!

Anyone else agree?:cheers

I appreciate your question and am not bashing the question. Crotch rockets are for adreniline rushes. At the end of my typical day i need to wind down not up. Thats why i ride an electra glide. I savor the serotonin induced relaxation not the intense upper. I will be fifty this year and realize i am not bullet proof like i thought i was 25 years ago. Ride what makes you happy.

I am not jumping on the "bash bus" but here something for thought:

Did you ever notice how us Americans are so obsessed with speed? All the "hot rods" and "muscle" cars of yesterday could go fast in a straight line, but take it onto a road where you had to turn and brake, forget it. My HD and the 3 I have had prior, have all been let downs as far as keeping up with the Euro bikes and maneuvering. But that is not why I buy them!

Anyone else agree?:cheers
My softail was a big let down handling wise.The RK and dyna handled just fine.But then again I've never rode a beemer or ducati,or any of their ilk.

Back