free website stats program False Neutral Light On | Harley Davidson Forums

False Neutral Light On

glider

Veteran Member
If you are having a problem with the neutral light coming on when not in neutral, there has been an upgrade done with the switch itself.

I had this problem after washing the bike. Water gets into the housing and causes the neutral light to come on through all the gears as it heats up when riding after a washing.

The M1205 Service Bulletin came out in March 07 and will address this problem.

New neutral switch PN 33926-06B has been introduced with better o-ring seal and internal spring to eliminate this problem. I also noticed that when this problem started that the shifting didn't seem as smooth as it had been but kind of stiff and finding neutral was more difficult now.
The new switch eliminated all this.

When this switch isn't functioning properly, you'll find that the clutch lever switch is also not working, the bike will start in gear without the lever being pulled in.

I had to research this and bring the part number above to my dealer, they had no clue what was wrong.

It's also been said that if the neutral light does come on when it is not supposed to that the security indicator will light up which indicates a problem. I didn't have this happen.

Last edited:
Hi Gilder,

I have 07 Road king Classic. Just recently after a couple of days of not using my bike, my battery was dead and could not be charged. After i replaced the battery, my Neutral light has stayed on when i am riding and when i shut the bike off. The only time the light will go out is when the bike is off and i put it into gear.

My question is, did the faulty Neutral light switch kill my battery?

Sounds like you have other problems with the wiring causing the battery to do dead. The light shouldn't stay on with the key off however it may be defective causint the light on while in gear.

I have a 07 ultra classic and a friend has 08 dyna that does the samething both have the neutral light come on as your rideing and sometime it is on when you are stopped and in gear

I have a 07 ultra classic and a friend has 08 dyna that does the samething both have the neutral light come on as your rideing and sometime it is on when you are stopped and in gear

I had the same problem on my 08 Streetglide. I pulled the leads off the neutral switch, wiped off the posts and the top of the switch, and put the leads back on. Haven't had a problem since.

Is part # 33926-06B the correct part for a 07 FLHT and are they only available OEM? My light seems to come on when engine is hot and the security light also comes on with it.

Back