free website stats program Fallen Rocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Fallen Rocks

RetiredJake

Indian chief had 2 sons, Fallen Rocks and White Eagle. Both were great braves and the chief was having trouble deciding who should succeed him as tribal chief. So he gave each of them a knife and told them whoever brought back the first bear skin would become the new chief. Well, a couple of weeks later White Eagle returns with a bloody bear skin over his shoulder. The chief congratulated him, and they both waited for Fallen Rocks to return. Weeks, then months went by. The chief sent out parties to look for him. As the years went by, the old chief required every party leaving the village keep an eye out for Fallen Rocks. After the old chief passed on the the Happy Hunting Grounds, White Eagle kept up the watch for his missing brother. To this very day, when you travel through the mountainous west, you will see signs that White Eagle still looks for his missing brother.

Ready ?

Wait for it

PikespeakIowa_and_west_WI_23_.jpg

Jake, if you came up with that joke based on Smitty's sign; I think you may have another career in the making! That was a good'un!

My father told a version of that joke some 50 years ago. I still have to laugh when I hear it. Thanks for reminding me of him Jake!

Yes, it is an old joke. I think it was my Mom who first told me when I was a little kid. Ever since, every time I see one of these signs, the story pops into my head.

Back