free website stats program Fallen in love with 105th anniversary model! | Harley Davidson Forums

Fallen in love with 105th anniversary model!

English Mike

Popped in to my local dealership the other day on the basis that this poster has been a poorly lad for some months and has just got the all clear so figured that 'hey, I only live once!' and fell upon the most beautiful thing I have ever see which was a 105th anniversary edition of I believe is teh Road King, she was in a burnt orange gold colour with more chrome that I have ever seen on a standard machine, and she had the screamin eagle 1800cc engine.

Sat on her and I at once liked the slightly lower screen compared to my Heritage Softail Classic and I did like tha hard style leather back boxes as opposed to bags; the only think I don't like is the crash bars (or whatever the HD wording is) at the front, I liked the cruise control, fly by wire and teh ABS brakes and teh chrome wheels; the screen price is £20,995 which is around $40,000 and by the time I have white walls and passing lights fitted I shall be closer to £22,000, I asked what my 2005 would be worth as a part ex (she has 2500 miles on with tons of extras) and they suggested around the 9k mark which seems low!

There is not another one available in the South West and I know I ought not but I can't get this beast out of my mind, I'm not even certain I can justify the cost as I still love my HSC. Fired her up yesterday, warmed up and went off for a 50 mile cruise in +3 c degrees full sun and loved it, I have always fancied though the bigger 1800cc 6 speed SE model.

Utterly confused:bigsmiley5:

Mike

Glad you're feeling better Mike :D

I have to say go for it Mike. You probably would make out much better trying to sell it privately. As with anything else the prices are negotiable and you can get some "gimmies" on the new bike for nothing after you negotiate the best price to close the deal.

The dealer sounds like they are low balling you. Here's the KBB trade in value.

This is the retail on your bike.

2006 Harley-Davidson FLSTC HrtgSftlClsc
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
1450cc
Suggested Retail Value

$15305*

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

February 18, 2008
2006 Harley-Davidson FLSTC HrtgSftlClsc
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
1450cc
Trade-In Value (Good Condition)

$10765*

Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than you would receive from a private party sale because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above.

Back