free website stats program Fall is in the air | Harley Davidson Forums

Fall is in the air

kzoo

Banned
Here in SW Michigan this morning, it was a balmy 39 degrees when I hopped on the scoot for my 30 mile commute to work. Double jeans, Balaclava, sweater, leather jacket. It was the scoot or scrape the car!!!!

Decided I need new gloves!! Cant afford heated, so I guess I will take a chance on some other kind.

Crispy air seems to make the scoot wanna run!!

Here in SW Michigan this morning, it was a balmy 39 degrees when I hopped on the scoot for my 30 mile commute to work. Double jeans, Balaclava, sweater, leather jacket. It was the scoot or scrape the car!!!!

Decided I need new gloves!! Cant afford heated, so I guess I will take a chance on some other kind.

Crispy air seems to make the scoot wanna run!!

Only 5 miles this morning, no highway.

I bought some buckskin gloves last year (no liners) and they work great. I wish they had a slightly larger opening, I have trouble tucking my coat sleeves in. I never thought that I would ever own chaps, but they are fantastic in cold weather. The thing with chaps is, you have the freedom of movement in the seat area that you don't get when you bulk up or even riding in a rain suit. Soft lowers are nice for longer cold rides and not that much $$.

while it wasn't that chilly here in MD, it was 50 when I left for work at 0630. I do like this cooler weather and looking forward to some good rides this fall.

For the first time in a long time the daily highs were under 100 degrees, and just barley under 80 at 6 AM.
Back up over 100 next week, though.
But still under 112, so its riding weather!!!!!

For the first time in a long time the daily highs were under 100 degrees, and just barley under 80 at 6 AM.
Back up over 100 next week, though.
But still under 112, so its riding weather!!!!!

Might see an Armadillo in MI soon if this keeps up.

Cant afford heated, so I guess I will take a chance on some other kind.

Heated clothing is very expensive... A few years ago I lost an entire top case off the back of my bike, I rode back and found it but my heated jacket and gloves were missing from inside. I ran a search for homemade heated clothing and found several sites/blogs and decided to give it a try. Used a liner from my Fieldsheer jacket and it came out great... I'd post the recipe here, but they are easily found online.

Just throwing it out there, if I can do it anybody can, very-very simple task. I wear that jacket now in 15-17 deg weather with nary a shiver. Any colder than that and I can't get the key in the ignition to start it.

Back