free website stats program Fall asleep while riding?! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fall asleep while riding?!

I haven't fallen asleep YET (been close but always pull over and stretch) but the wife dozes off all the time. I know this for a fact because her helmet visor smacks me in the back of my melon.

I did it coming back from Birmingham AL. 1-40 just outside of Little Rock Ar. Stopped to have lunch at subway. Ate too much and rode too far for the amount of sleep I had that week. Woke up to the rumble strips vibrating me just before coming to a bridge. I was wide awake all the way to Tulsa after that. I think I still have part of that seat sucked up in me.:s

A Good friend of mine shared his story of his wife nodding off a couple of times, but with nothing drastic happening... he rides a heritage also. He got so concerned about it he took a bicycle inner tube, cut it in two & tied her on on longer rides...

I haven't fallen asleep YET (been close but always pull over and stretch) but the wife dozes off all the time. I know this for a fact because her helmet visor smacks me in the back of my melon.

:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling I get it right between the shoulder blades!!!!!!

Well Steve, gals will turn a teenager's head on backwards every time...nothing like a moonlight swim...:newsmile030:

Yes, I have done it. Rode with a guy that insisted we leave at midnight on a day that we had worked. It was an 1800 mile ride and the guy only stopped for fuel..I fell asleep a few times before I finally had enough and slept at a rest stop. He continued on, more power to him. I haven't rode with him since, it took all the fun outta riding.

you dont actually fall asleep persay your brain seems to shut down and still allow survival perceptions, i know i remember one year after just starting night shifts going under a motorway bridge on one motorway, then what seemed to be waking up going under an different bridge on different motorway with no recollection of travelling the 30miles to get there

Did that once when I was young and dumb.

Very scary stuff.

The first time I overheard someone talking about falling asleep while riding a motorcycle, I couldn't believe my ears. I've heard it again from a different fellow, talking about a marathon ride from Ohio to Texas in 21 hours. He fell asleep and woke up still riding!

Anyone else been lulled to sleep by their ride?
what kind of masochist would even want to ride non-stop from texas to ohio?

I zone out some mornings on the way to work, My wife fell asleep on the north shore north of Duluth Mn. once when she woke up the bike wobbled and scared me LOL

Back