free website stats program fairing replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

fairing replacement

i hope someone can answer this question. i would like to upgrade my fairing on my 92 eg to the newer style, question is what year model would work best and how difficult woud it be.

1996 and later, to about 2006, will work. However all the gauges would have to be changed. The radio, if you have it,may or may not fit the hole in the inner fairing. You would have to get a mechanical front wheel speedometer. Your tranny does not have the VSS hole for electronic speedo. You would need outer fairing, inner fairing and associated mounting brackets. You would also probably need to do some re-wiring. Quite a project, but it can be done with time and $$$$.
tourbox

No...you cannot use 07 guages on a 92. You have a mechanical speedo, no vss and the wiring harness is totally different. I think tourbox has already covered this.

BigAl66 is correct on the '92 fairing. They should fit in a '96 and later fairing. However some of the gauges will have different inputs to them, or connectors. Ex. would be possibly the oil pressure gauge. You would better off keeping the gauge set ups with the year of the fairing you plan to install.
tourbox

Back