free website stats program Fairing or no fairing? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fairing or no fairing?

Having been riding bikes for many years some with fairings some without the bikes ive enjoyed riding the most have not had a fairing fitted
but the ones with fairings were far better for long mileage
so as my riding is for pleasure bakes have no fairings
i do however wear a full face helmet and a good jacket when riding

Brian

Dont want to hi jack your thread but I have an 86 tour glide that needs a new front end. Can you explain a little more about the front end you put on your bike?

R/K headlight (nacelle) should fit right on your 86 FLT, I did it to my 89 FLHTCU, pretty sure it's the same tripletree, are the forks behind the neck?

Now Chop, just my humble observation here, but isn't what you just said the same as what I just said? :lolrolling :lolrolling

Both Richard and Chop have you covered, and basically say the rider comfort and look is automatic whether OEM or aftermarket, as quite honestly fairings typically are designed for parting the wind and protecting the rider from the wind blast.

If they happen to be aerodynamic and offer an actual performance advantage, that usually are the ones that come with the bike as OEM standard equipment, as most major manufacturers design using wind tunnels, markers and design engineers spending the time to optimize the design to compete amonst themselves...whether it is fuel mileage, quite envelope around the rider or just setting it up to make the sale for the targeted audience/rider.

Back