free website stats program Fair price for a 1956 rolling chasis? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fair price for a 1956 rolling chasis?

tell em to pay you 25 bux an you'll take it off his hands............................... next

Thats not too far from what I was thinking. The backstory is that it belongs to her father but he's in the hospital right now so the daughter is trying to sell it. I think she hears "old harley" and thinks she has a gold mine on her hands. I know she's had other offers (for how much I dont know) and has rebuffed them all. Might just not be worth the trouble.

Thats not too far from what I was thinking. The backstory is that it belongs to her father but he's in the hospital right now so the daughter is trying to sell it. I think she hears "old harley" and thinks she has a gold mine on her hands. I know she's had other offers (for how much I dont know) and has rebuffed them all. Might just not be worth the trouble.

I think you answered your own question....:D

Indeed thats true. But I might still make an offer just to have a fun project in the man cave. If I can get it for something reasonable and work on it at my on pace, it might be fun. I'll let you know how this all turns out, I'm making my lowball offer in a bit here

UPDATE

Just spoke with the seller. I offered all of $300 for it, cash, get it off the property today. She wouldn't even consider it. Said their rock bottom price was $1500 - "the frame alone is worth that!". I'm in no rush to buy so I'm letting this one go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart move. There are so many project bikes out there and this wasn't one of them.

If you buy it get a bill of sale or the title or you will have problems with any build and registration, No offense here but what I see that roller is a dime a dozen it has been butchered

ok you convinced me i have re-considered-- 24 bux max and that's it......... an you know what the funny thang is ? i aint kiddin a bit...............

UPDATE

Just spoke with the seller. I offered all of $300 for it, cash, get it off the property today. She wouldn't even consider it. Said their rock bottom price was $1500 - "the frame alone is worth that!". I'm in no rush to buy so I'm letting this one go.

It may be worth it when you buy it new, but now it isn't new anymore so the price drops. I'm sure when she gets tired of looking at it, she will sell for less.

Back