free website stats program Factory Paint code...... | Harley Davidson Forums

Factory Paint code......

moeswoes

i have a 94 sportster and i went to the dealer to find out what the color of my bike is... well he couldnt find it in the computer. anyway i can do some research and where to find out? if a fender or stretched tank comes along i would like to have it done in the original factory paint color.... sure beats getting the whole bike done, even though i have seen some awsome paint jobs on bikes.. but sometimes $$ is an issue especially on an older bike that i may not have for more than a year or two.....thanks in advance

In the UK you can take something painted in the original colour and they do some sort of analysis of the colour and match it for you
perhaps however you get to do the painting for you may know the best way in your area to get colour matched paint
i do my own painting usually black for me or some girlie colour for the wife depending on her mood of the time
if your spraying a whole bike doesn't take a lot of paint

Brian

If you can get codes you are better off than color matching:s

Go to your local doupont store or automotive paint supplier and they can colour match for you. but you are better off with the origonal harley paint.

Back