free website stats program Factory Horn 08 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Factory Horn 08 Ultra Classic

Vibratinharley

I was on a Poker Run over the weekend and drove through some serious down pouring rain and little rivers running across the roadway.( it was sunny when I started this run)
Now, When I push the horn button, my horn sounds like a little duck quacking. The horn was fine before the bike got soaked. Can water get inside and damage the horn? and If it was damaged because of water, would it still be covered by warranty?

The horn is nothing more than a metal diaphragm that vibrates against a set screw. If you remove it and shake all the water out followed by a bit of heat from something like a hair drier, it would probably be OK then. I doubt they would cover it if they found water in it.

The horn is nothing more than a metal diaphragm that vibrates against a set screw. If you remove it and shake all the water out followed by a bit of heat from something like a hair drier, it would probably be OK then. I doubt they would cover it if they found water in it.

After it dries out ,spray a small amount of PLEDGE in there!!! ha-ha lol :lolrolling Just ribbin' ya there glider!!!!! I hope you get the horn back to sound there VH !!!

Glider, You are right as usual. I stopped by dealer to pick up a new set of highway pegs and questioned my favorite parts guy about the horn and he said the same thing in regards to heat and hair drier. I Removed the horn and used my airforce blaster bike drier with the warm filtered air to dry out inside of horn and it now works like it is supposed to. ANother good use for my expensive but worth it bike drier.:D

Back