Factory forward controls

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by bubbacraft, May 2, 2008.

1. bubbacraft

bubbacraft Active Member

So now I am looking at a 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDCI - It has factory forward controls. I thing I will enjoy this but I would love your thoughts on safety and comfort.
    Thanks
    Bubba

2. JeromeyS

JeromeyS Member

I have an 03 FXDWG (Wide Glide) that came with the factory forwards as well, they were great! But, seeing as I am 6'1" I opted to exchange them for a set of Kuryakyn extended forward controls. These added another 3" and are extremely comfortable and have excellent control as well.

3. Idaho John

Idaho John Member

Hello: before my "conversion," I was riding a Yamaha V Star. This particular bike had the floorboards and I loved them and thought they were pretty slick. Then...I drifted into the house of satan (my local HD dealership) and rode a demo bike with forward controls and I have never looked back. I am more relaxed and for the lack of any other way to describe it...have an intuitive feel with the Harley product that seems to give me more confidence as a rider. My feet find the pavement easily when I am in stop and go traffic and with floorboards it was always a "search." I hope that you find the forward controls to be enjoyable and confidence inspiring. I am about 5' 10" and the Harley forward controls are just right for me.

Anyway, have a wonderful riding season this year:bigsmiley14:

Idaho John

4. T Pee

T Pee Member

I am a recent convert to forward controls and they are now my prefered riding position.:bigsmiley23:
    I find them more comfortable and less tiring on the legs than mid-controls.

:cheers

5. fhsmct

fhsmct New Member

I ride a Wide Glide and, after adding heal stirr-ups, love my forward controls.

My previous bike had mid controls and I recently rode a friend's scoot that has mid controls: I am more comfortable with forward controls, especially on longer rides . . .

6. grunt machine

grunt machine Member

Hi bubbacraft, I have a 06 street bob I purchased new, the first thing I did to it was put on after market billet forward controls. They do make it more comfortable on those long rides; I get very sore knees after a while. Bottom line, don’t look buy and enjoy, if you don’t like something on your ride change it, that’s half the fun.

7. bikermoses

bikermoses Banned

got forward controls on sporty wish i had taken the dyna with them guess ill have to add to wish list

8. formike56

formike56 Junior Member

2007 FXDWG with kury... extensions. I'm 6'4" cant't ride with out them..

9. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I have a 01 Super Glide with forward controls. I can't see riding with anything else.

10. gunnut

gunnut Junior Member

FXDWG '96,With forward controls,without I'd sooner walk,............kidding,only kidding...theres always a bus.....