free website stats program Factory forward controls | Harley Davidson Forums

Factory forward controls

bubbacraft

So now I am looking at a 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDCI - It has factory forward controls. I thing I will enjoy this but I would love your thoughts on safety and comfort.
Thanks
Bubba

I have an 03 FXDWG (Wide Glide) that came with the factory forwards as well, they were great! But, seeing as I am 6'1" I opted to exchange them for a set of Kuryakyn extended forward controls. These added another 3" and are extremely comfortable and have excellent control as well.

Hello: before my "conversion," I was riding a Yamaha V Star. This particular bike had the floorboards and I loved them and thought they were pretty slick. Then...I drifted into the house of satan (my local HD dealership) and rode a demo bike with forward controls and I have never looked back. I am more relaxed and for the lack of any other way to describe it...have an intuitive feel with the Harley product that seems to give me more confidence as a rider. My feet find the pavement easily when I am in stop and go traffic and with floorboards it was always a "search." I hope that you find the forward controls to be enjoyable and confidence inspiring. I am about 5' 10" and the Harley forward controls are just right for me.

Anyway, have a wonderful riding season this year:bigsmiley14:

Idaho John

I am a recent convert to forward controls and they are now my prefered riding position.:bigsmiley23:
I find them more comfortable and less tiring on the legs than mid-controls.

:cheers

I ride a Wide Glide and, after adding heal stirr-ups, love my forward controls.

My previous bike had mid controls and I recently rode a friend's scoot that has mid controls: I am more comfortable with forward controls, especially on longer rides . . .

So now I am looking at a 2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDCI - It has factory forward controls. I thing I will enjoy this but I would love your thoughts on safety and comfort.
Thanks
Bubba
Hi bubbacraft, I have a 06 street bob I purchased new, the first thing I did to it was put on after market billet forward controls. They do make it more comfortable on those long rides; I get very sore knees after a while. Bottom line, don’t look buy and enjoy, if you don’t like something on your ride change it, that’s half the fun.

FXDWG '96,With forward controls,without I'd sooner walk,............kidding,only kidding...theres always a bus.....

Back