free website stats program Factory Alarm System on 08 Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Factory Alarm System on 08 Heritage

Hello all, I am brand new to this forum and the HD community. I just purchased my 08 Heritage Softail Classic this past Saturday. I have a question about the factory installed alarm system. How does it work? I guess a better question is what does it do. I know that it automatically sets itself when the motor is shut off and the key fob gets out of range from the bikes receiver. In an attempt to steal the bike is it anything that the alarm does besides flash the lights. For example does it disable the starter or ign. system in any way. Thanks for any input. I can't wait to start rolling up the miles

Besides sounding the alarm if you have the siren, it flashes the lights and disables the engine so it can't be started.

Glider, Thanks for the info...I guess mine does not have the siren. I hauled the bike from South Carolina back to VA and had to finally stop and put the key fob in the saddle bag to keep the lights from flashing. If my bike does not have some kind of audible devise with its system is it possible to buy a add on siren? I know I could call Harley but what better place to get usable information than from someone that owns one. Thanks again:D

Glider, Thanks so much for this information. See this is why I did not call my local HD dealer. I see you have been busy helping others too. Great information for myself and hopefully someone else that had the same question but was afraid to ask.

do a search not sure where I found it
I bought a radio shack siren for $4.99 stuck the wires in the plug already there (behind the mud guard in front of the rear tire)
taped them up good
siren works fine

Back