free website stats program EZ-Up Center Stand | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

EZ-Up Center Stand

I had a center stand on my old 650 Kawasaki and I really liked it. It made changing the oil a breeze.
WAP.gif

Just put a EZ up center stand on my 09 ultra classic and love it. Saw them at Daytona but did not buy. Found them recently at another dealer I usually buy from and they made me a deal on it so I bought and don't intent to be without one again. Jus my $.02
Ride safe

Well now that I have the center stand I'm able to work on things a lot better and can now see how the jiffy stand works. Ya'll are right, nothing to fear at all. I just couldn't see that before. I'm still glad I got the center stand cause now with a piece of plywood under the stand I can rotate the tires and check them and air them a whole lot easier. It's a good thing!:ap:ap:ap:cheers

I do the same thing by putting the plywood under the center stand for cleaning the rear wheel, if you take a jacking device and put it up front under the frame you can lift the front enough to have both wheels off the ground for cleaning. I mostly use the center stand for cleaning and maintenance work, if I am on a long road trip I put the bike on the center stand when filling the fuel tank, you can get a extra quart of fuel in the tank when it's on the center stand.

I put an EZup on my 12 Ultra. Worked fine and was happy with it until I rode over the speed HUMPS at work. It does decrease the clearance some and the center stand would hit the humps. The last time I drove over them, it dug into the backtop hump and got the bike out of shape for a second. When I got home, took it off. Not worth wrecking. Keep the clearance in mind when riding!

I do the same thing by putting the plywood under the center stand for cleaning the rear wheel, if you take a jacking device and put it up front under the frame you can lift the front enough to have both wheels off the ground for cleaning. I mostly use the center stand for cleaning and maintenance work, if I am on a long road trip I put the bike on the center stand when filling the fuel tank, you can get a extra quart of fuel in the tank when it's on the center stand.
I fueled up once while sitting on it to keep it centered and shortly thereafter stopped and set it on the jiffy stand and fuel spilled out the overflow tube, not much but still the reason I don't do that anymore.

Had one on my 010 Ultra, until I went over a part of the security fixture at the border going into Mexico. Kind of like a speed bump with square sides. The bolt that holds the center stand caught on the edge, and it bent the center stand mounting, and bent the bow tie frame piece it mounts on. Took it off and will not use it again. I bent the frame support back as best I could but not going to make the mistake again. Also easy to hit the stand on the pavement when coming out of a driveway, and even when making a tight turn at speed.

Good tips all around... thanks !
i was considering one...

So I take it one can leave the Jiffy stand in tact when adding the center stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back