free website stats program EZ pull clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

EZ pull clutch

leedham

Hey gang,

I'm doing and EZ pull clutch installation. Very simple but I'm a little concerned about the snap ring placement. I've learned thru the forum that the opening position is critical. Now, not knowing if anyone has been in the transmission cover before me, I'm not 100% sure that the ring was in the correct position to begin with so I uploaded a photo before I started. I assume the opening is critical to fluid flow. Does anyone have an idea if this looks correct or should be shifted clockwise or counter clockwise ? As always, thanks. Haven't had one question not answered here !! Love the forum !!

Attachments

• DSC07694.jpg
    DSC07694.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 64
Looks to me like someone has been in it. Looks like tool marks around the oil chanel ny the open part of the snap ring. Like they tried getting it out with a screw driver once upon a time. I'm no expert, but looking at the oil chanels I think the position it's in would be fine.

I noticed the tool marks also. Bike had 8000 miles when I got her. Figured I'd throw it out there in the forum. Thanks !!!

Looks good to me but that snap ring has been removed I wonder why and is it on right side up now, a lot of folks dont know there is a chamfer on most snap rings and they are meant to go one way, just thinking out loud here:s

Back