free website stats program EZ Pull Clutch is in but..... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

EZ Pull Clutch is in but.....

Sorry for the delay giving an update....

When I attempted to adjust the clutch again, the locking ring popped off again. I decided to replace it - but ran into troubles finding one. Napa - had lots, but wrong size and the closest Harley Dealor advised they have not had to order one of that size for over 2 years. (Not sure of WHY I needed to know that but I had to repeat 1989 three times -- am I out of date or ....

Anyway, another dealorship had one and an employee at the Dealor (guy I've known for awhile) said he'd pick it up for me this morning and bring it into work. I'll go pick it up soon, he would be until 1:00.

From there, I will get back to adjusting. I put the clutch basket back on after the rebuild (took a bit of time but got it on) -- not that it can't come off, but I was 100 % sure it was on at the time. I did evaluate the primary chain and it was in good shape with no change in the tension - I suspect the basket is still on.

I'll give another update - comparing the new and old rings as well as how the adjusting goes.

Thanks,
CatWoman

but I had to repeat 1989 three times -- am I out of date or ....
Thanks,
CatWoman
==========================================================
That frosts me when they act like we should all be riding NEW bikes. Just where do they think bikes go after a few years? :newsmile055:

==========================================================
That frosts me when they act like we should all be riding NEW bikes. Just where do they think bikes go after a few years? :newsmile055:

Breeze3at, funny thing is, when I meet admiring people on the road I love to ask them what year they thing she is -- The most frequent response --- A 2001!!! :bigsmiley12: I guess the next time I need a part, I'll just ask for the part number or maybe I should ask the parts guy what he rides!!! :bigsmiley31: Surely he can't be making enough to own one of the new Electra Glides!!! :newsmile045:

Well, the update I've been SO wanting to give:
We went out for a ride and the everything shifts GREAT -- especially the EZ Clutch :yahoo

I just don't understand :dknow how replacing that locking/snap ring could have mattered so much in adjusting the clutch. After all, the old ring was always in place when I got it finally adjusted before -- it just didn't stay in place two of the times I started adjusting the clutch from the very beginning. When I did replace the ring, I didn't have to adjust very much and it's perfect, just like the last ride before installing the EZ clutch.

All I know, if WOW, I just love riding and boy do I feel awful when she's sick!!!

Thanks for ALL the help,
CatWoman :rider

Well done Catwoman, and sound troubleshooting...I bet you can take off the primary cover with your eyes closed...Cheers :cheers

Well done Catwoman - you're an inspiration to us lesser mortals who would struggle big time to work on their bikes like you can :D. I'm enjoying the learning curve tho: :). Glad she's back on the road - enjoy her and ride safe!

A girl & her bike, it's a beautiful thang! Glad you got it fixed & can enjoy Catwoman. :newsmile106:

Did you take the clutch rod out? Do any thing with the throw out bearing in the right side transmission cover? Every one has great ideas to check. My personal experience is that some thing is wrong with the adjustmen rod or throw out bearing. Fossil

Back