free website stats program eye sore | Harley Davidson Forums

eye sore

tipped her over at a stop & the turn signal light met the gas tank.

tipped her over at a quick stop to avoid a friend who stopped short in front of me avoiding a pedestrian stepping out into the street w/o looking.

Ouch indeed, glad you are OK, are you going to replace the tank? If a tank from a 2007 FXDBI will work I have 1

Buy a few different size suction cups, then take the tank off and put shrink wrap on the gas cap. Screw it into place. Make an airline adapter to go into the the tank at the crossover or wherever it is easiest. Plug all lines going out of the tank then pressurize the tank with compressed air while pulling at the dent with the suction cups. This will work. increase the pressure in 10 Lbs. increments. It may take up to 100 Psi. to get the dent out but it will come out.

Buy a few different size suction cups, then take the tank off and put shrink wrap on the gas cap. Screw it into place. Make an airline adapter to go into the the tank at the crossover or wherever it is easiest. Plug all lines going out of the tank then pressurize the tank with compressed air while pulling at the dent with the suction cups. This will work. increase the pressure in 10 Lbs. increments. It may take up to 100 Psi. to get the dent out but it will come out.

This is a really good idea. A buddy of mine has a tank dent similar to the above photos. I will pass this on.

Take care,
Dave

Back