free website stats program extremely low engine idle 07 RKC | Harley Davidson Forums

extremely low engine idle 07 RKC

jerrybombard

Howdy every one, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY !!!!! Thanks to all you vets for keeping me and mine safe, God Bless you.

07 RKC, 23K miles, TFI, otherwise stock. Bought 2 years ago TODAY with 5K on it.
In the past, this machine has had a high idle, for minutes at a time. Shut it off, restart, all is well. Now it has an EXTREMLY low idle, to the point of stalling. It's running on both cylinders, showing no codes. I can tell when it's going to low idle because the exhaust burbules on decel. restart and it is fine at that moment. Runs fine otherwise. I'm stumped, ECM ??? hope not.

I didn't see how to edit my own post, so I'll add this info:
The bike starts and idles fine, just after getting warmed up does this occur. I cleaned the AIC valve, no change. As I stated, this has happened in the past, but temporarily. It started doing this a few days ago, and seems to be getting more frequent.

How come my original post doesn't have an edit button like this one??

Possible being you cleaned the IAC that the motor itself is hanging up. May need to be removed and cleaned well or replaced. Have you also checked for an intake leak?

Didn't check for air leak. I THINK I could feel the IAC valve operating as I was cleaning it, but taking it out and inspecting seems like a good idea. Don't have a manual in front of me, is removing/replacing that a big deal? Tank need to be removed?

You would have to be Houdini to get the IAC off without removing the tank because of the position of the bolts.:D

It's not that big of a deal to pull the tank and the IAC unit to clean it up. It's worth a try before going any further. Just be gentile with the plastic parts, they will break rather easy.

Inductionmodule.jpg

How come my original post doesn't have an edit button like this one??[/QUOTE]

Found this in the FAQ section.

If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

How come my original post doesn't have an edit button like this one??

It did for 5 minutes :D

It only remains there for 5 minutes after posting, then only a moderator can edit it.

I replaced my motor controller and it solved the problem. The dealership parts guy also mentioned it could also be the heat sensor.

Motor controller? You mean the IAC itself? And I set no codes, so I guess my heat sensor is OK.
This has turned into one of those "intermittent" problems. As I said, I cleaned the IAC Tuesday night, rode to work on Wen, no change. Going home Wen evening, it ran fine. Went out later for about a 20 mile ride with no issues. Same thing this AM, no issues. How much does this IAC cost? If I have to pull the tank to clean it, may as well replace it than do the same thing over again in a week.

Back