free website stats program Extra hose at gastank??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Extra hose at gastank???

I can't really see from here but look at the fuel valve on the tank and see if it is the standard or a vacuum unit. Also see if you have a carbon canister (usually black plastic and cylindrical)

Did you find this hose disconnected before starting the tank removal?

Terrible, but I didn't notice the hose before I got into this mess. I was looking into my manual, then the bike, then my manual, then back to the bike. It appears as though this is the line that goes to the vapor valve. From the diagram in my manual, it says to connect this line to the vent line at the front of my tank. All I know is that this line was NOT connected there before. It was a clear plastic line that used to dump fuel if I got the tank too full. Also in the manual, I have a vacuum line that connects to the fuel valve, and I'm not sure exactly where the other side connects. Diagram doesn't show, and I can't really see where it goes.

tn200s3.jpg

Yeah, that's the diagram I have. It shows the nipple connecting to the vent at the tank. My 'extra' hose looks exactly like that in the diagram. I just can't figure out why someone would have installed a separate clear line.

Man, I just cannot get this bike running right. All signs pointed to a bad ckp, so I changed it. Bike started, ran rough, appeared as though the plugs were fouled after trying to start it so many times without firing. Changed the plugs out, ran great for about a week. This weekend, started cutting out again. I just don't understand, it all started with the ckp, and now I just can't get it running properly again. What else could it be? I'll go back and check some of the old posts you guys sent me. Help is appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, kind of vague....2001 Fatboy, screaming eage. Was bored out. I tried replacing the vent line today, looked like I had an extra hose. It was a piece of rubber line with a nipple. Looked exactly like what was in my manual, so I just hooked it up to the vent. After I put it all back together, I can't get it to run right. Bad at first, now it won't stay running for more than a few seconds!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back