free website stats program Extending H-D warranty? | Harley Davidson Forums

Extending H-D warranty?

I waited till my fact.warranty almost ran out,then purchased another 5yrs.
Including tire & wheel coverage. I figured it was worth it 2yrs old and 25000 miles on it now. As a side note within a month of fact. warranty expiring I used my tire and wheel warranty for a cracked rear tire.:D

The dealer I bought my RK from indicated that I have 90 days only to purchase extended warranty from the date i bought the bike!

You can purchase the extended right up to the time your fact. warranty expires.There is a surcharge for not purchasing immediately,but I got that waived as well as you can negotiate the price of the warranty when you decide to purchase it. Maybe from a different dealer!

I did not get one at the time of purchase but, like Steve and Smitty did, I'll probably get one a month or two before the factory 2 year runs out. Should be an interesting time shopping dealers and getting fees waived!

I know my extended warranty paid off already. I have an 05 EGS, and got it used from the dealer. Well I started not to get the warranty, but then I decided to get the 5 year warranty.

Well day before yesterday, I needed to get tires. So I rode the bike up to Space Coast Harley Davidson here in Melbourne Florida. Told the service Tech what I wanted. So he walked out and took a look at the bike. I told him I ride my bike everywhere. This is my main ride. I ride to work and everywhere. He said yep. You got 45k on it I say you do. So he cranked it up and listen for the cam chain and all. Said he did not hear any noise. Sounded solid.

He said he did notice that there was some dirt sticking around the shifter shaft on the trans case, and said that was a indication of maybe an oil seals going bad. He pointed it out to me and sure enough it was leaking.

Asked if I had an extended warranty and handed him my card. Sure enough, it was covered under warranty. Seals and bearings and gaskets the whole job. Only paid 50 dollars for the repairs.

Yes sir. I will keep my warranty, and I can say Space Coast Harley Davidson is a top notch Dealership. Great people, and the techs know what they are doing for sure. I will purchase my next bike from there, and get my service done there also. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Last edited:
Just know that when that warranty is purchased, just before your 2yr factory is up...... if you purchase a 3 yr warranty there is only one year left on that coverage. The start date rolls back to the bike's in-service date......

Warning on buying a harley that the seller syas they have a full coverage extended warranty. Weh buying a harley with this extended warranty, first have the seller sign the transfer paper work from Harley to you before you buy the bike. I'll tell you why. the seller can cash in the extended warranty, instead of transfering it to you, buy the time you get the bike home the seller could cash in the extended warranty.
The seller have 30 days ,no longer to send in the transfer of warranty and ALL the sevice records from the sellers dealer to have the Extended warranty to be Valid. The buyer has to make sure that all this must be done 30 days from purchase. so this must be done before you buy a harley 30 days. I know, I lost my 5 yr extended warranty, the seller cashed it in for $1,500 and I got NO extened warranty. Because of privacy laws the buyer can not forward the Harley dealer service records, only the original owner can. Beware, do your home work first.

Can you buy it before ewarranty expires if you have the added 3 months because of purchase during the winter? Bought our bike end of Feb., warranty runs out April 1st. Already bought it but sone dealership tells has to be bought within the first 24 months and one telling us has to be bought while factory warranty in place. Does anyone know for sure??
Thanks.

Back