free website stats program Extended Warranty | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended Warranty

twally

Wondering about peoples feelings re: extended warranty. Good idea, not a good idea? Problems making claims? I'm having a problem with a claim and will explain further if there is interest in the thread. Be safe.

This is one of those things you can't really ask for advice about. You have to go with what feels right to you. Sometimes helps to substitute the words "mechanical breakdown insurance" in place of "warranty" and see if that casts a different light on the decision. It's an insurance policy, plain and simple, and many folks choose to self-insure and not spend the money up front.

For me the extended warrenty has worked very well, once that I finally got the service managers attention. I bought a 2000 FLHRI back in May with the a 3 year warrenty. The bike looked great but had 50k on the clock. I would not have got it without a warrenty. Since then New top end, new front brakes and rotors, new handle bar bushings, and now a new MM throttle body for less than $200.00 bucks out of my pocket plus the cost of the warrenty. Do I feel bad about it? No. The service manager said they did an umpteen dozen point check up on the bike before it was placed on the sales floor. What can I say...2000 Road King, new top end, new throttlebody and brakes plus 2.5 years left on the warrenty for under $10k...

Why is that?

within 5 years or 18,641 miles (or 30,000 kilometers) whichever occurs first.

I've already got that many miles on a bike less than 2 years old. I'd have to trade off between 4 bikes to last 5 years before I hit that mileage.:D Where do the come up with 18,641 miles anyway? why 18,000 or 19,000 or even 18,650. :dknow :D

OK that makes sense now.

They have the law of averages figured out no doubt to come up with that odd ball mileage.

I guess I don't have emmisions warranty anymore.Should have read the fine print.

Back