free website stats program extended warranty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

extended warranty

You can add the optional tire package with the ESP

Yes sir, you're right about that. I forgot. Seemed pretty expensive for the tire and wheel package, so I didn't buy that one. So, I'm sure the first thing that goes on my bike will be the tires or wheels :hummer

Yes sir, you're right about that. I forgot. Seemed pretty expensive for the tire and wheel package, so I didn't buy that one. So, I'm sure the first thing that goes on my bike will be the tires or wheels :hummer

:p Same here, and it is too bad because they like to eat tires don't they:s

I bought the ESP and tire and wheel coverage.
It has saved me alot of money over the last 60,000 miles.
(2 compensators,1 crank failure among other things like bag locks)
I have only had to buy one rear tire and no fronts yet.
The tire and wheel coverage is more of a road hazard warranty
than an actual tire and wheel warranty,but a good dealer will work with you:s

Throttle cable??? What's a throttle cable??? I don't have a throttle cable on my bike. :D

It's because you are wired:newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

Also have the extended warranty, havn't used it yet...oh no...is that the curse?

It's because you are wired:newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

Also have the extended warranty, havn't used it yet...oh no...is that the curse?

I think you did!

I brought mine in this summer to have the lever off the tranny replaced, 1500.00 dollars later(they had to replace the whole clutch side of the bike)I'm glad I bought the coverage. My only out of pocket expense was 50.00 dollar deductible and I paid for the auto adjustable chain tensioner.:D

Today I was in the local Harley Dealer and they are trying to sell me the ESP on my 09 Road King The warr. has already expired and I am surprised they still will sell me a ESP however they didnt give me a price but it would be for the 5 years.

Personally I'm not big on warranties. If you are the type of person that prefers to have a Harley mechanic do all your work then it's definately a good deal and I'm sure will save you money in the long run. However, half the fun for me is working on the bike myself and fixing my own problems. It's usually not very expensive for the parts alone and I like spinning wrenches as much as I like riding.

To each their own. The real advantage I see in the warranty is repairs on a long trip. I typically ride locally and the farthest I get from home is about 200 miles. At that distance I can call a buddy with a trailer to pick me up and bring me home. If I ever start doing serious long distances I will probably buy a new bike with the warranty.

Back