free website stats program Extended Warranty | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended Warranty

As soon as you change pipes, breather, add a tuner of sorts the warranty is void on about everything that you want covered anyway. I rarely leave a bike MOCO stock.

Not totally true. IF they can relate the modifications you made to any damage that occurred that you are asking to be covered fore under warranty, then the warranty will be void.

IE. If you change systems on the engine, the trans is still not effected etc.

They can't just void your warranty for doing work unless they can prove it had something to do with the failed part.

Thanks to everyone that posted a reply!!!!
This is a great site and thanks to Jimmy for telling me about it.
I am still flip flopping back and forth on this issue but am taking all the information from this thread to heart.
I really think it would be more of a insurance policy to buy the warranty.
I will let you all know I have untill the 20th of May.
Thanks again to all that took the time to post a reply.
Keep the shinny side up and the rubber side down.
Ride Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as you change pipes, breather, add a tuner of sorts the warranty is void on about everything that you want covered anyway. I rarely leave a bike MOCO stock.

How could they void a warranty if it's SE pipes, SE Air, and SE race tuner, all put on by HD??

Well I rolled the dice and did not buy the warranty. I have put 3000 mile on her in two months. I had one leak on the oil sending unit and changed it 25$.
I think I mand the right choice. Thanks for all the advice.:guitar

For one year I do not think $800 is worth it either. I picked up the local dealer's 1 year old rental bike last month. I did put the extended plan on it, and even if it never goes into the shop I am happy I did. For me it is piece of mind that should something major go wrong with the bike I will not be trying to come up with a grand.

It does lock me into having most if not all of my aftermarket work done at the shop however. I plan to let them do the entire stage 1 so that I am still fully covered. No plans to go beyond stage one.

Extended Warranty is well worth it. I purchased a 2005 Electra Glide Standard back on the 28th of March 2008. I got the 3 year extended Warranty. The bike had 21k on it already.

The bike now has 61k on it, and I have used the extended warranty I know 4 times now. Two times for the inner primary leaking, one to change motor mounts, and just this past Saturday for a broken inner fairing bracket.

My warranty expires 2011, and I am going to get the 5 year extended next time. As I was talking to the HD Dealership they said you could extend the warranty all the way up to 75,000 miles. After that no more. I can tell you the extended Warranty had paid for itself already. GET IT.

Bought a 08 Ultra Classic. Bike has 4000 miles. I am the third owner.
Factory warrenty is up in 20 days. Do I spend 800$ for a 1 year warranty or roll the dice?

Well after 7 months and 11000 miles bike has been great. I think I made the right move and saved the 800 bucks. I will keep this thread and update it after next years riding season. :D

I never buy extended warenties.
I work in service and they are marked up at 10% over the actual cost of repairs.

Back