free website stats program Extended Warranty ????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended Warranty ?????

Dr. Doolittle

I'm with you
At first I was going to get the extended warranty But after thinking about it I decided to wait until the factory Warranty is close to expiring before extending the warranty. I am close to hitting 60 years young and this 09 will probably be my last bike before I retire (Pending my wife's aproval)

BuffaloBILL

Obviously, extended warranties can be a great help if your bike has mechanical problems. A major blow to the engine would make an ext. warranty look like a great decision. Trying to fork over $5000 bucks when your having to replace the frig., put braces on the kid, etc., wouldn’t be fun. Guess I’m saying it’s a bit like term insurance, few collect on it. But…….. if you have some it can make a big difference.

Of course extended warranties wouldn’t be available if (statistically) they worked in our favor. Bottom line….extended warranties make money for the seller.

Sometimes folks forget the price of a warranty is negotiable. With many HD dealers struggling, it might be a great time to see how much a dealer is willing to give on the price.

Three..You are exactly right on the negotiation portion of things. When all was said and done I think they knocked off about 25-30% of what they were asking if I would write the check that day. No problem!! Was going to write it sooner or later anyway!?!

I'm not a math major but there seems to be a discrepancy here! Guess it all depends on how you look at things - well known fact that you can make statistics say just about anything.

Not sure what you mean about statistics here Doc. What I'm saying is that if you Pay your self 85 bucks a month for 24 months that you will have enough to buy the extended warranty. 24 months is how long you have until the Factory warranty runs out, so that's about how long you have to decide if you want the extended warranty or not.
Putting away 85 dollars a month is a way better and smarter option than adding the warranty to the price of your bike and financing it (witch I've seen a lot of folks do.)

Back