free website stats program Extended warranty again. | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended warranty again.

STEVE07

Staff member
Super Moderators
I was going to deal my 07 on a new bike this year but I decided the money would be better spent on a total home renovation. With my bike coming to the 70,000 mile mark and my ESP expiring April 5th. I have extended my service plan for another 5 yrs. $ 2600 including tire and wheel coverage seemed a bit steep at first but then I looked back on what it has saved me when I have broken down on the road and it just made sense to buy it.

Steve,

I had the same quandary late last year on my bike. Decided to extend for 3 years with wheel and tire coverage ~$1800.

I figured that this is the last time I will be able to extend the warranty so I went with the longest term I could. If I sell I can transfer the warranty and if I trade the bike in I get the remaining years rebated so it seemed like the wisest choice.

I have an 08 RK Classic. Never extended the warranty, only because I had HUGE unexpected bills at the time the factory warranty ended. I now have 112000 mi and no breakdowns. I had to replace my front sprocket slider and shaft extender three times and my throttle body seals once, but I wrenched it myself. BTW, the thing is still mechanically sound. The factory is getting it right these days.

I have an 08 RK Classic. Never extended the warranty, only because I had HUGE unexpected bills at the time the factory warranty ended. I now have 112000 mi and no breakdowns. I had to replace my front sprocket slider and shaft extender three times and my throttle body seals once, but I wrenched it myself. BTW, the thing is still mechanically sound. The factory is getting it right these days.

I have had compensator replaced under warranty, the crank went out of it, fuel line in Louisiana and a couple other problems. My favourite was the Louisiana problem. Got to stay 2 nights in New Orleans and a brand new rental bike courtesy of HD warranty.

I was going to deal my 07 on a new bike this year but I decided the money would be better spent on a total home renovation. With my bike coming to the 70,000 mile mark and my ESP expiring April 5th. I have extended my service plan for another 5 yrs. $ 2600 including tire and wheel coverage seemed a bit steep at first but then I looked back on what it has saved me when I have broken down on the road and it just made sense to buy it.

Hey Steve, I'm old and forget things quickly - remind me again where you get your extended warranties from and what are the requirements.

Hey Steve, I'm old and forget things quickly - remind me again where you get your extended warranties from and what are the requirements.

Kevin, shop around several daelers for prices, you will pay a 50 dollar inspection fee first then depending on the coverage you want you will negotiate

Kevin, shop around several daelers for prices, you will pay a 50 dollar inspection fee first then depending on the coverage you want you will negotiate

OK, thanks. I seem to recall Steve talking about a dealer that only requires a photo of the odometer reading. No inspection.

My bikes fine but I'm continually sitting on the fence between keeping it "forever" or moving up to one of those nice, Rushmore bikes!

OK, thanks. I seem to recall Steve talking about a dealer that only requires a photo of the odometer reading. No inspection.

My bikes fine but I'm continually sitting on the fence between keeping it "forever" or moving up to one of those nice, Rushmore bikes!

You are correct I remember seeing that yesterdays posts I think, do you trust the dealer you bought your bike from? Give them a holler and good luck, keep in mind if you purchase the warranty it is pro rated if you decide to sell or trade

Back