Extended Rear Shift lever

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by USMCCWO5, Jul 10, 2008.

1. USMCCWO5

USMCCWO5 Junior Member

I purchased and installed a great piece of gear. Walter's Workshop (google) makes an extended rear shift lever which puts the pedal about a 1/2 inch past the rear of the floorboard on my 07 FLHRC.

Chrome is flawless

Tight splines (even before I installed the bolt there was no play)

OEM styling (so it matches the stock front lever)

I now feel like I have three foot positions: front of floor board, rear of floor board, and highway pegs.

2. Vibratinharley

Vibratinharley Junior Member

That's cool. I think I like this idea better than what I did. I got tired of not having enough room for my sasquatch foot so I took off the rear shift lever and put a high priced cover over the splines. Thanks for the tip.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

James,
    What size shoe/boot do you wear? I'm a size 10 and haven't really felt like I've run out of room yet but this does seem like a great addition. Thanks for the tip!

4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I have a size 15 boot and with the fairing lowers on I do a lot of shuffling to adjust my foot in the space between the heel toe shifter and if I ever had to get my foot out of there and on the ground in a hurry I might be up sh-t
    creek without a paddle

5. Dr. Dolittle

6. USMCCWO5

USMCCWO5 Junior Member

That would be a 9 1/2 boot. It really clears the rear of the floor board by an inch with the HD Nostalgia pegs.

7. Dr. Dolittle

Awesome tip James. I'm adding it to my wish list of mods/upgrades, and boy that list isn't getting any shorter!

8. Kurakyhn also has one. I size 14 had problem with boot especially with lowers on. Rear extend worked great