Extended FloorPans

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by UltraNew09, Feb 29, 2012.

1. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

Just ordered som HD 1" extended floor pans awhile ago, now wonderin if thats gonna be enough. I dont run the lowers as my feet get tangled in them, so, If the floorpans arent enough can I still run a bolt on extender?

2. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

I added these and i would like just a little more but am happy. I am 6'2".
    I also got a set of extenders to move them out an inch. I recommend these also, got them from harley goodies for i think $25

3. shoeblu

shoeblu Member

I put the 1inch extenders on rkc and work well anymore than that you may have issues in turns..

4. Haywire

Haywire Active Member

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

1" is actually alot of space when it comes to foot/floorboard clearance...going out much more could result in scraping during turns, angles, etc...give the 1" a try - they should work well for your situation.

6. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

Yea got the new pans in, just waiting on brake pedal and gear shifter.

7. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

What brand of exteneded pedal and shift lever? Im over whelmed with the options. Softbrake, Walter's, H-D,,,,,. Anyone care to share opinions and pics?

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Got my extended shift levers from Walters and they're awesome quality.

9. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

Softbrake positions it higher, Walter's position it lower and out further. I can't seem to make my mind up on it, LOL.

10. UltraNew09

UltraNew09 Member

I orignally had it in my mind to get the Walter's brake pedal and shift lever, but I keep finding more brands with different positions.