free website stats program extended bags | Harley Davidson Forums

extended bags

Hi all new to this formand finding lots of usefull info .Looking to put some extended bags on my SG. Was just looking for any info (the good , the bad , the ugly ) Glass or ABS. thanks for any help or info ...Its almost ridin time here in Wisconsin :)

Welcome MyStreetGlide to the HDTimeline forum. While others will be here shortly to help you, please clarify your need for "extended" bags...do you mean length, width or height and is the need for more capacity and do you already have a Tour Box fitted? Is there are brand, style or design that works bes for you? Thanks!

MyStreetGlide; I'm in the same situation - possibly going w/extended bags to give my FLHX cleaner look in the back. Step-1 was to find the right exhaust set-up (which I now have) so I'll continue researching & saving $$$ b/c they're not cheap. Definitely going w/ABS & currently looking at Sumax, Klock Werks or Milwaukee Bagger. Good luck w/your search & keep us posted if you get a set.

Thanks smitty...saw those earlier on your former RG & did like the look. Also, the guy I bought my lowers from here in Omaha had them on his FLHX & I'm not ruling them out - look good too!

thanks for the input guys ...I guess i would be looking at the 4" ext. so they come around the pipes .(dont want to go to big she will be taking 6 pairs of shoes on a day ride ) :small3d031:I'v seen some of the glass ones go on e-bay for 2 to 500 $ dont know if its junk or not .found one guy in Wi. ABS painted to match for 800$.anymore input would be great .....Thanks

Careful about too low or too wide, they may "DRAG" on tight turns.

Yes they may and you can actually get plates that go on the bottom of your extended bags to take any scraping instead of the bags. I too want to run extended bags and a fender cover etc when I do my next custom work (next winter now have to pay for daughters wedding this year hahaha :) :newsmile026:)

Back