free website stats program Exploded view of CV carb | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exploded view of CV carb

With a stock carburetor does modifications to the back plate help? Along with re jetting?
The bike I have has Vance and Hines pipes and no one ever did anything to the carb, I put a k&n filter on it and there's a noticeable difference. Now I'm just thinking of jetting the carb and opening up the plate. And I'm done.
Yup and Yup

Would doing it like a cal induction work? On the back side of the plate
Too much air is like not enough fuel adjust accordingly
You can add plenum by adding a longer intake runner more + gas = less MPG but OH Boy power if you are camed right

With a stock carburetor does modifications to the back plate help? Along with re jetting? The bike I have has Vance and Hines pipes and no one ever did anything to the carb, I put a k&n filter on it and there's a noticeable difference. Now I'm just thinking of jetting the carb and opening up the plate. And I'm done.

I would have to see the proposed backing plate modification to respond one way or another. If the carb had not been re-jetted to compensate for the A/F changes associated with a hi-flow intake and exhaust; re-jetting would probably make more difference than any backing plate modifications.;)

What's a "cal induction" anyway?:confused:

I would have to see the proposed backing plate modification to respond one way or another. If the carb had not been re-jetted to compensate for the A/F changes associated with a hi-flow intake and exhaust; re-jetting would probably make more difference than any backing plate modifications.;)
More Plenum and more fuel plus cams EH

What's a "cal induction" anyway?:confused:
Cowl ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, spell check on phone isn't the best thing sometimes..

Dolt, pipes were added to the bike, it had a stock air on it, nothing else, I put a k&n filter on it instead of the stock, I can see a difference. But l know that it needs a size up jets to get the most out of the pipes and filter added.o_O

Next question is... How do you use the quote function on this board?

Yeah, spell check on phone isn't the best thing sometimes..

Dolt, pipes were added to the bike, it had a stock air on it, nothing else, I put a k&n filter on it instead of the stock, I can see a difference. But l know that it needs a size up jets to get the most out of the pipes and filter added.o_O

Next question is... How do you use the quote function on this board?

Click the Quote button then inset your response

Yeah, spell check on phone isn't the best thing sometimes. Next question is... How do you use the quote function on this board?

To expand on Jack's instructions.
Click the +Quote button on the post you wan to quote. Then click on the Insert Quotes button that will appear at the lower left corner of your post. Then a window will open showing the quote with two buttons; Quote This Message and Cancel. Click the Quote This Message button and the selected quote will be inserted into your post.;)

Back