Exhaust

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by kemo, Oct 1, 2008.

1. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I am running a stage 1 intake and Andrews 26N cam conversion. I am thinking of exhaust. Would a 2 into 1 be a better choice than true duals.

2. RottMan

RottMan Member

Here's an article I found helpful...

Harley Exhaust Comparison

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

You are looking at two different ends of the spectrum there. TD will loose a bit of bottom end and the 2 into 1 will gain in most if not all areas. What it comes down to is what do you like and what are you looking to do.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

OH NO!!!Your name isn't Dave by any chance, is it? :s

5. RottMan

RottMan Member

Hey, no prob! I'm flattered...:)

As for the Reinhardts, I love them. I had them on my 05 RK but they were the true-duals. They sound great, look great and combined with the SE Heavy Breather and Stage I, make a very noticeable performance increase. I highly recommend them if you like a deep, loud sound when cracking the throttle wide open and a nice tone when cruising. I have no problem hearing the stock radio either.

As for the "before"; there is no comparison. The stock mufflers are a joke. I only rode with them for one day.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  6. RottMan

RottMan Member

The SERT should help a lot, but from what I've been told and read here you can save yourself a lot of $$$ by doing the Stage I download and get the TFI tuner. Someone correct me if I've misunderstood what I've read...

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

No correction needed but you can do without the stage 1 download. The TFI will do the job, only thing missing without the download is the 6200 rev limit which these motors don't need anyway..:s

8. RottMan

RottMan Member

Hey, if your wallet can handle it, then go for it! :bigsmiley12: Plus a 20% discount? My dealer only gave me 12% off.

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

OK, glad you explained that :lolrolling

10. RottMan

RottMan Member