free website stats program Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust

kemo

R.I.P
I am running a stage 1 intake and Andrews 26N cam conversion. I am thinking of exhaust. Would a 2 into 1 be a better choice than true duals.

I am running a stage 1 intake and Andrews 26N cam conversion. I am thinking of exhaust. Would a 2 into 1 be a better choice than true duals.

You are looking at two different ends of the spectrum there. TD will loose a bit of bottom end and the 2 into 1 will gain in most if not all areas. What it comes down to is what do you like and what are you looking to do.

Rottman, I am using your bike on my desktop until mine shows up. that thing is purdy! Mine is scheduled to be in the end of the month. I could have bought a red one on the floor, but I wanted ABS. I am going to put on Rineharts too. Do you have a before & after opinion on the pipes other than they sound better?

Hey, no prob! I'm flattered...:)

As for the Reinhardts, I love them. I had them on my 05 RK but they were the true-duals. They sound great, look great and combined with the SE Heavy Breather and Stage I, make a very noticeable performance increase. I highly recommend them if you like a deep, loud sound when cracking the throttle wide open and a nice tone when cruising. I have no problem hearing the stock radio either.

As for the "before"; there is no comparison. The stock mufflers are a joke. I only rode with them for one day.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm going with a stage one air cleaner b/c I have an old round Mikuni cover that has sentimental value. Other than that, mine should look exactly like yours. I have heard Rineharts before, but never had a before and after opnion on how much it helps acceleration, especially for an '09. I'm also going to get the SERT, so that should help too.

The SERT should help a lot, but from what I've been told and read here you can save yourself a lot of $$$ by doing the Stage I download and get the TFI tuner. Someone correct me if I've misunderstood what I've read...

The SERT should help a lot, but from what I've been told and read here you can save yourself a lot of $$$ by doing the Stage I download and get the TFI tuner. Someone correct me if I've misunderstood what I've read...

No correction needed but you can do without the stage 1 download. The TFI will do the job, only thing missing without the download is the 6200 rev limit which these motors don't need anyway..:s

I actually was going to do a t-max, but the SERT is the most 'Dealer-Friendly' option for me. I have read about TFI, PC and the rest, and if it wasn't brand new, I would go with soemthing besides the SERT. my dealer gives me 20% off parts with the purchase, so that helps too.

Hey, if your wallet can handle it, then go for it! :bigsmiley12: Plus a 20% discount? My dealer only gave me 12% off.

Back