free website stats program Exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust

I have Rinehart true duals on my Ultra and V&H short shots on my Softail. I love both sets of pipes. The V&H would be too loud for all day touring and the Rinehart's are loud, but not obnoxious. At cruise they are pretty mellow. The short shots are loud and louder when cruising, but they are so sweet sounding.

I have wild pig pipes you can get them with 1 3/4 inch baffles all the way to 2 1/2 inch baffles. I have 2 inch on my electra glide and am very happy with the sound mellow rumble at hwy speed but give a loud bark when the throttle is nailed.. and now the best part price is less than all those big names out there. I paid 207 delivered to the front door. took about 20 minutes from the time I started to take the stock ones off to the time I started it up.

Got the Rinehart true duals here. They are loud but no effect on the radio.
Your sound system have a feature that increase volume as the noise increase.
I have to turn my sound system down when I roll on the throttle real hard.

Really? My stereo volume increases with speed, not noise level. There is a setting on the radio from 1-4 so you can adjust how much louder it gets the faster you go. Yours might be the same way. Its not getting louder because you're rolling the throttle real hard making the exhaust louder, but because you're rolling the throttle real hard, you're ending up going faster :s

I have wild pig pipes you can get them with 1 3/4 inch baffles all the way to 2 1/2 inch baffles. I have 2 inch on my electra glide and am very happy with the sound mellow rumble at hwy speed but give a loud bark when the throttle is nailed.. and now the best part price is less than all those big names out there. I paid 207 delivered to the front door. took about 20 minutes from the time I started to take the stock ones off to the time I started it up.

Think I'm gonna give these Wild Pigs a try. Cant beat the price and all reviews I've read have been very positive. Will go with the 2" baffles. Their website says anything bigger than 2" needs a tuner, which I haven't got yet. Have you noticed any performance difference with these, or just sound difference? Are the 2" baffles much louder than stock?
Thanks.

If you really are looking for volume and deep tone, take a peak at CFR. My local dealer tries to keep them in stock, they are not easy to get a hold of. Always on back order and when they get a shipment they go fast or are already sold. There are videos online and info out there. I don't own a pair and when I've run into them I feel they are borderline obnoxious. Though they put a smile on my face I don't know if I would want to ride next to that all day. thought they are worth a mention. They do sound sweet at idle. ohhh and $$$
CFR Motorcycles FLH Slip-On Exhaust mufflers - 95-12 Touring - Black (CFR-FLH001B) by CFR Cary Faas

Really? My stereo volume increases with speed, not noise level. There is a setting on the radio from 1-4 so you can adjust how much louder it gets the faster you go. Yours might be the same way. Its not getting louder because you're rolling the throttle real hard making the exhaust louder, but because you're rolling the throttle real hard, you're ending up going faster :s

What I said with less words....

Back