free website stats program Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust

Pipes and sound of exhaust are completely a personal decision. Keeping in mind that you have a long haul touring bike, and excessive exhaust noise may detract from enjoying the long distant ride capabilities of your steed......
Let alone not being able to hear radio..........

I ran into a guy a few weeks ago with a FLHX who had a set of V&H Big Radius 2-into-2 pipes and they had some nice growl but I'm sure you can get louder. The growl / volume mix was nice and you can't beat Vance & Hines.

When I bought my Ultra it had Screaming Eagle pipes. The seller also gave me the stock pipes. I installed the stock to compare. I realized I bought this bike to travel 6 to 8 hour days and stayed stock. I sold the SE's on flea-bay!

Got the Rinehart true duals here. They are loud but no effect on the radio.
Your sound system have a feature that increase volume as the noise increase.
I have to turn my sound system down when I roll on the throttle real hard.

V&H Monster Ovals black tipped began nice and have been improving with age! Sounding pretty good now along with the tunes!

Don't know where you live but more and more States and municipal areas are really cracking down on loud exhaust. Before you buy that set of eardrum splitting pipes, you might want to check your local sound restrictions.

I have a set of Vance & Hines Hi Out Put slip on's and Power Dual headers and they have a really nice growl you can definitely hear, and they are not over annoying. I have 30k on these and they got really nice noise after break-in (roughly 3k) and they seem to get better with age....

Back