Exhaust

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by bikerdad, Jul 24, 2011.

1. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member

Wanting to change out my factory mufflers to get a better sound. Thinking about slip on fishtails. Any likes or dislikes?

I also wonder if this is OK to do without changing any adjustments in my EFI. Being a 99, I don't have the newer Delphi EFI and I am not sure how to deal with it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Part of my thought process when I was considering changing my exhaust was to include in the budget the cost of a TFI via dobeck... I got the TFI before the exhaust came so I install it & tuned to stock conditions until my Rush mufflers came... Needless to say all is well, the engine runs much better and cooler. :D

3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

FI is the main thing... IF you are Not carbed, I'd take advantage of our HDT Discount for our Members of 50$ and the free shipping given from Dobecks TFI and Gen3 people..

The TFI/Gen3 would do any bike good.. Stock or Modified with stage one and or More..

I went with V&H slip-ons and SE air. TFI and now SE255 cams Great combo.

signed....BUBBIE

4. roadchaser

roadchaser Member

Where do i get a Doebecks Tfi/Gen 3 and how much are they?
    Does this have the same capabilitys as a TTS Mastertune or a Thundermax Autotune?I have a 2010 Streetglide and want to do a stage 1 for now with a 2-1 t-header exhaust along with a new cold air intake.

Thanks

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

6. karlsbike

karlsbike Active Member

A mate installed true duals with fishtails on his FLSTC. These were original H-D (i.e. expensive), but I was not impressed with the sound - the volume level was ok (medium loud) but those fishtails resulted in a tinny sound that I did not like... I've heard other true duals and FLH slip-ons that sound much 'richer'/deeper, including mine (S-E slip-ons)

7. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

8. darbonne

darbonne Member

I put 4" Rineharts on my 11 RG Ultra and love the deep rich tone. Not sure about yours but the Rinehart site said I would not need to remap the 103. 8,000 miles later and no problems. I woudl check with Rinhart on your year model and engine.

9. recharge

recharge Member

When purchasing a slip on what is the better 1.75", 2", or 2.25", thinking of getting the B&E slipons. I have the gen3, k&n a/f. Could a person just cut out the cats and leave stock exhaust for cool down or is that still not enough

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

The head pipes are 1 3/4" so best bet is to get the 1/34" baffles. Larger baffles and you will see a loss in bottom end torque.