free website stats program Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust

Connolly

Im kinda new at this . I just bought V/H short shot staggered for my bike , I was wondering if they are an easy to do your self job ? My bike is a 09 XL 1200 C . Thanks for any help in Advance

No I do not have a tuner. Is that difficult ?
Or where can i get a tuner at ?

what does a tuner do ? Lol i know that sounds dumb but i,m new at this kind of stuff .

Last edited by a moderator:
No I do not have a tuner. Is that difficult ?
Or where can i get a tuner at ?

what does a tuner do ? Lol i know that sounds dumb but i,m new at this kind of stuff .

I suggest the TFI and there are many posts in the self help forum explaining the TFI and other tuners. Use the link at the bottom of this post to find the self help forum.

There's also a discount link for the TFI.

The tuner gives you adjustability when it comes to fuel injection without relying on the dealer downloads at $150 a pop.

Connolly; definitely an easy self-help project. Just need to have the right tools & make sure to replace your exhaust gaskets (cyl ports) & torque things properly. Nothing better that working on the bike & stepping back to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Do the TFI in conjunction and you're ready for more UG mods.

Is the TFI something I can have an HD shop do for me or is it something that hast to stay on the bike its self ?

Is the TFI something I can have an HD shop do for me or is it something that hast to stay on the bike its self ?

It can be done by the owner (YOU) , it's that easy and it can be removed at any point as long as the intake or exhaust is put back to stock to slow the flow through the engine otherwise it would run very lean.

Ok so its a computer deal . if i was to put the stock pipes back on i would haft to have it tuned back to org settings . Im sorry if i sound dumb about this but im just trying to learn and get it rite . Also I need cylinder port gaskets to go along with the pipes im looking on jpcycles.com as we speak trying to figure out what gaskets i need .

i just put the short shots on fri, not hard at all it took about 2hours and 6 beers, it would of been quicker if the beer wasnt involved lol i got an 05 1200 so i didnt need the computer part thats for the fuel inject models like you got but over all it is a wicked easy install good luck brother!!

Back