free website stats program Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust

Drumrguy

Account Removed
Got a ??????????????. Can I change my Rush slip-on mufflers for another set of slip-on mufflers without have to put the bike back on the dyno?????? I just got it back and no I think I want a different look to my mufflers? I am such a pain, my wife says I am worse than a woman with this bike, I cannot make up my mind.

Shouldn't be a major change going to another set of slipons. IF you loose anything it probably wouldn't be enough to notice. If you went from slipons to drags, different story.

To be honest, I do not know. They were on the bike when I bought it, why you ask, have something in mind.

You could go with another set of rush slip ons, the ones that you can change the tip's on, you can get down turn, tapered, etc. tips and keep the same size baffles in them. If you wan to go with a different brand, I loved my V&H turndown on my 98 RKC, the don't have them yet for my 09 SG, so I went with a set of rush with 2" baffle slip ons, they are louder than my V&H, but worked for me. If looks is all you really want to change, and you like the sound, performance and finish of rush, get the ones with the tips. And a deer whistle :s

I actually have the ones you can change the tips on, what is up with the different size baffles they have, I do not understand that. What is the purpose?

Baffles give you back pressure on the exhaust and torque. The smaller the baffle 1.75" the more back pressure you have the more torque you produce on the bottom end and they are the most quiet of the pipes, still louder than stock. 2.5" baffles largest rush makes, least amount of pressure and loudest, and a little more loss on low end torque. You want to keep the amount of air flow in and out close to equal as possible for the best performance.

Back