free website stats program Exhaust - True dual or 2 into 1 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust - True dual or 2 into 1

Rush has a 2 into1 with ceramic coated headers and a fake exhaust for the lift side .I used this on 2012 rk ,the wife never liked the sound of the 2into1,they did perform and really cut the heat down .That being said ,I now have a flhxs ,I bought it with V&H mufflers and [they said?] catless headers ,I don't know about the headers they are hot. I am now thinking about true duals ,to get rid of some heat and better sound. Good luck to you .

Hi Biffy, thanks for asking. When I got the modified exhaust ticket, most of my fellow riders said I just had to buy the stock pipes to pass the inspection required by the ticket.

Spectro transmission fluid was made after Harley first introduced their 6 speed transmission and riders complained it was too loud. Spectro advertises that it quiets gear noises. When I changed my tranny fluid to Spectro, thunder headers became less brassy, and more bass, or "growling".

I used a decibel reader on my iPhone and showed the CHP inspector that my Thunders Headers were under the 97 decibels that the modified exhaust law required. (It was 94db.) The Officer agreed with me and signed off my ticket.

Hi Biffy, thanks for asking. When I got the modified exhaust ticket, most of my fellow riders said I just had to buy the stock pipes to pass the inspection required by the ticket.

Spectro transmission fluid was made after Harley first introduced their 6 speed transmission and riders complained it was too loud. Spectro advertises that it quiets gear noises. When I changed my tranny fluid to Spectro, thunder headers became less brassy, and more bass, or "growling".

I used a decibel reader on my iPhone and showed the CHP inspector that my Thunders Headers were under the 97 decibels that the modified exhaust law required. (It was 94db.) The Officer agreed with me and signed off my ticket.

Very interesting and good for you! I hope I can be so lucky, if need be.:worthy

my Thunders Headers were under the 97 decibels that the modified exhaust law required. (It was 94db.)

You're pretty lucky, the Law in my city is:

:newsmile055:

- Violators in excess of 92 dbA at idle for all motorcycles
- Violators in excess of 96 dbA at 2000 rpm for motorcycles having less than 3 cylinders or more than 4 cylinders

The fine for violation of this bylaw is $250.00.

Back