free website stats program Exhaust systems YOU like and WHY....$$ cost.... Where bought? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust systems YOU like and WHY....$$ cost.... Where bought?

OK, Answer me this. Louder then VH Monsters, but not obnoxious, still with performance. What Say You? 09 Ultra.:D Leaning hard to the Monsters, LOVE the look but scared of the mild sound?????

I picked up my '05 EG Classic in Nov. All stock--too quiet and not enough pep off the line, so now it has an AN Big Sucker A/C, V & H FuelPak and I went with the V & H slash cut slip ons. Inexpensive and gave me the sound I wanted--a few decibels above stock which was way too quiet; loud enough at speed for the cagers to hear me but won't rattle the neighbors windows or wake them up in the morning at idle.

Got a good boost off the line and when I want to pass a cage I can-at stock, I had to think about it!

I went with the SE 4" touring mufflers which cost about $400 including end caps. Just a little, but noticeably, deeper and throatier than the stockers (which don't sound bad to me either). The bike runs perfectly, no popping at all. It *feels* a little stronger but that may be my imagination. Going to do a stage one airbox and fuel management soon. I like the fact these mufflers are 50 state legal yet sound better.

I did the same with mine. On my current scooter, an Ultra (I've always had loud pipes with the RK and Dyna) I went with the SE 4" muffs. Per WinPEP, I gained a little power, 94.6 hp and 108.4 torque, but I can enjoy the stereo now and don't have to worry about john law. It does have a bit more sound than the stockers, but not enough to do a moon walk! :D
Ugly John

I have the V&H big shots. They are loud, but it's not my fault....:p...I didn't start the bike before I bought it. She just talked to me. :s I could be obnoxious if I want, but I try to keep it under control. I have trouble with that usually on my first ride out in the spring.....hmmm.

Hubby has SE's on his bike, his is a little louder than stock, but not near as loud as mine.

Oh yeah, my bike seems to be much louder when hubby rides it. :eam

I never said what I use......

On my BUILT 2000 dyna i tried scrm'e slip-ons and changed them out to PYTHON 3 ......... fairly loud on easy throttle and LOUD on heavy....

On my 06 sport roadster I also use the python 3
not nearly as loud as my dyna.....but as banners say as you enter DEADWOOD SD. "HEARD YOU COM'N"

THANKS for ALL YOUR imput on this thread....IT WAS FUN!!!

signed....BUBBIE

I went with the SE Street Legal Performance Pipes on My Bike, they are not Loud but have a nice Low Rumble and I can hear the Radio just fine when Cruising, I have the SE Pipes on My Dyna Lowrider and they haver some Bark to them and sound Great but I do not have the Radio to Listen to on that Bike! :D

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo
1999 Lowrider - Vivid Black

Back