free website stats program exhaust system | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust system

rterryhatch

:newsmile053:
i am trying to make up my mind about a new exhaust system for my new 2008 Ultra and thought I would see what you guys thought. I want to have a bit of sound, deeper, more distinct but not too loud. I have considered the Vance and Hines, oval and monster ovals and am leaning toward the monsters...
Whatchathink?:):):)

It would be great to have a sound testing system on the V and H site, although could be a nightmare to set up.
But I have just got the V and H basic slip ons, slash-cut, and they sound great, a must for the defensive driving, if they hear ye 'they'll see ye', because in dublin the headlights and passing lamps are just not good enough,
But the dealer said that the oval pipes were a bit softer on the ear, more of a lower deep sound.
So depending on what they are used for, as above , for reconition by car drivers go for the basic slip ons, they are great.
Dave

You're going to get a million responses, all different. You basically have to go with what sounds and looks good to you. I'd recommend going to a bike run somewhere or just hang out at the dealership on a busy day and listen to the different set ups coming in and out. Don't make a hasty decision because as soon as you put something on, you'll find something you like better.

Remember, you'll need to change the air intake and modify the fuel management system. I have the race tuner installed so I can change as I make modifications later down the road, well worth the extra cash in my opinion. I also have the Rush 2.0 slash up slip ons. They sound and look great.

On my EGC, it took me almost 8 months to decide what type of exhaust system to put on. When I bought my new 09 Ultra, I took it in during the breakin service and had the upgrades mentioned below. I liked it on the first bike, sounds even better on the Ultra.

Good luck, ride safe, and have a blast.

Ben

Good morning I installed VH Monster ovals, K/N air & VH Fuelpak on my 08 Ultra 4 mths ago. Love them, they have a great mellow rumble. There was a video on this site someone made, could still be here. Made a big difference in the bike performance, better responce,great low end torque. Good luck & enjoy. Dennis

I have them on my 09 Ultra and the if you are looking for that deep & low rumble at idle, you will like the monster ovals.

At cruising speeds, it is all a different story. The terrain you are traveling and wind direction can make the exhaust sound stereo friendly and not so friendly. I noticed that traveling on back roads/twisties are quite tolerable to my ears. But freeway cruising can become unbearable unless you are able to use ear plugs.

thanks for all of your input. I have decided to go with the monsters and the drak air kit. I've got a bud that has the monsters on his hd and they sound great. I called my dealer and he recommended the "drak air", very cool and more distinctive than the HD air system that is available. The "cone" wasn't really an option due to the lowers and the Drak system is really nice from my perspective. I am also having the dealer do the download for the ecu and when santa gets through buying "shoes" for the other babies in my life I am going to get the "dressers" for my ultra...whatchathink?

Back