free website stats program Exhaust system change question | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust system change question

artisan

hi, i am wanting to change my exhaust on my totally stock 2010 FXDC for a Vance and Hines Double Barrel staggered system.
unfortunately i cannot afford to buy the system & a fuelpak/tuner device so if i leave the A/C stock will my bike run ok with this full system on or will it run too lean.
if it is ok to do this then i would at some future date add a fuelpak & A/C.
otherwise i will just fit slipons & leave it at that.
cheers.

From what I have read and have been told by others, if you change the entire system you should make a fuel adjustment by adding a fuel adjustment system. I'm sure there are other things to do as well. I'm sure other will chime in on this.

On my 08, I added slip-ons and changed the air cleaner from high flow back to stock with no ill effects.

Slip ons with a baffle size of 1.75" or less, there is no need to do anything else. If muffler and high flow air filter causes a drop in back pressure which will need some type of fueler to properly adjust system for maxi mun performance and proper operations.

hi, i am wanting to change my exhaust on my totally stock 2010 FXDC for a Vance and Hines Double Barrel staggered system.
unfortunately i cannot afford to buy the system & a fuelpak/tuner device so if i leave the A/C stock will my bike run ok with this full system on or will it run too lean.
if it is ok to do this then i would at some future date add a fuelpak & A/C.
otherwise i will just fit slipons & leave it at that.
cheers.

Artisan in answer to your initial question your bike should run OK if you just change out the exhaust system, but remember that in stock form the motor is set up lean from the factory. A baffle size of 1 3/4" will allow enough back pressure so that there won't be much change from where you are now. If it were me I would look into the Dobeck fueler offered here to forum members at a discount when you are ready to upgrade the AC and maybe go for a little more sound by changing out the baffle.

Back