free website stats program exhaust system 2010 Ultra Classic Limited | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust system 2010 Ultra Classic Limited

I went with a different approach than most. I went with a 2 into 1. I originally ordered the V&H Propipe Chrome, but it was back ordered 3 different times, so I changed it to the V&H Propipe High Output with is a black exhaust with a chrome end cap. It has a 4" outlet and at normal driving speeds it sounds nice, just a rumble that doesn't overpower the music. Crank on it and it sounds fantastic. It actually comes with 2 sets of O2 bungs and plugs for them. I went with the SE 255 Cams, V&H VO2 air cleaner and PC V. I ordered the auto tune for the PC V and it is supposed to be in tomorrow. I think it looks really nice and the ProPipe HO is less than $700 which is much cheaper than most full systems that gets rid of the cats. The 2 into 1 is not a cheap way to go, but neither are new head pipes and slip-ons or a tru dual system. Lots of good choices out there, just make sure you specify it is a 2010 as the 2009 systems are different (different O2 sensors/location).

Sgt

If you are using the PCV it has the larger wide band O2 sensors and you will need the 09 pipe not the 2010 which uses the narrow band O2 sensors. I have the power duals on my Limited and the sensors are moved up to by the heads since the PCV has its own sensors and the OEM sensors are removed.

Sgt

If you are using the PCV it has the larger wide band O2 sensors and you will need the 09 pipe not the 2010 which uses the narrow band O2 sensors. I have the power duals on my Limited and the sensors are moved up to by the heads since the PCV has its own sensors and the OEM sensors are removed.

The Propipe HO actually has 2 sets of bungs on it and came with 2 sets of plugs (large up by the head and small down by trans cover). I am glad I went with that pipe because I don't need to do anything except screw in the PC V Auto tuen sensors into the head pipes and hook it up.

Thats correct you use the stock heat shields with Fullsac. Keeps the stock look on the bike. I like them.

monster oval slipons, you dont need the remap as long as you leave the air box alone but you might just as well get it done properly and complete the stage1 and add fuel.
ihave the MO's on a 110 glide and they sound awesome - friends that follow me say it sounds like Sebulba's Pod racer from star wars bombombombombombombombombomb, LOL mind i did pass the group in the fast lane at 110 as i needed to get home and get car and camping gear as it was dark LOL

Hobbit: I take it you lke th V&H Monster Ovals over Rinehart pipes? If so, tell me why. I am just about to buy a set of Rinehart slip on's, I would welcome your opinion. I hate these decisions. These are the two pipes I am considering. I thought I made up my mind......... :newsmile100:

I will second the MO's. My decision was the same as your's, MO's or Rinehart, at the end I liked the look and sound of the MO's better. Personal preference. I went with the chrome / chrome tips but wish I had gone with chrome / black tips as they would have looked better on my red bike. Oh well, that's what off season and the local powder coat shop is for.

Hope this helps!

I just put the V&H true duals with Monster Ovals on my 010 CVO Ultra, and it runs great, but the noise is more then I anticipated. Don't suppose there are quiet baffles for this product.

Yesterday, I order a D&D Boss Fatcat for 2010 (2-3 week back order). I had Rinehart TD's on my 07 RK and loved them, but I'm not too keen on their 2010 plumbing. So, I'm going a different route for more low end torque and hp. Will update after running the Fatcat for a while.

Thorns

Back