free website stats program exhaust ?'s | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust ?'s

kk82005

i just bought the cycle shack slip ons and plan on running them without the baffles, will i absolutely have to get it tuned or will it be ok? and if so how much does this usually cost at the dealership???

Screamin Eagle stage 1 A/C Kit. $140.00
TFI I think are $255.00. Mention HDTimeline and get ten dollars off that.
Plus the price of the pipes you want. Its alot cheaper to do yourself.

The actual work to complete a stage 1 with TFI and slip-ons is about 2 hrs.if you take your time,I believe the stealer has a 4hrs. flat rate on it.And as someone else said ''So easy even a caveman can do it'' :D

Well I put mine back to stock. I am hard of hearing, and when I rode home last night from bikeweek 2009 down I-95, it was no a enjoyable ride. When I got home, I thought I was deaf. I have the wild pigs with the baffles.

When you have a tall windshield on the fairing, you don't hear anything but those pipes. I guess if I got the lower windshield, that would make a difference, but then I don't like all the wind blowing me in the face. So to keep my hearing or what's left of it, I went back to stock. Good thing I didn't drill holes in my stock pipes. I remember what Glider told another reader on here. Keep the stockers, you may want/need to put them back on.

Thanks Glider.

The TFI you need for that bike is the FI-1250ST and lists for $255.73. Mention HDTimeline when you order it, and George will knock off $10 and include S&H free. He will also suggest the settings you can start with based on your combination of compenents for the STAGE 1, etc.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

The SE High Performance Air Cleaner Kit seem to be on sale at Surdyke HD for $111.96 plus S&H. I put the 29440-99C kit on my bike, but it is an '03 UC. Your bike may need a different p/n - check with your local HD Dealership for the correct part.

Harley-Davidson® Parts and Accessories Default.asp

Once you have picked your stuff, call George and let him know what you are putting on the bike and ask his advice for the starting point on the TFI.

TQ

Last edited:
i just bought the cycle shack slip ons and plan on running them without the baffles, will i absolutely have to get it tuned or will it be ok? and if so how much does this usually cost at the dealership???
getting a fuel tuner is the best option for performance, as for running cycle shacks with out baffles, those slip ons are pretty loud with the baffles in, and my opinion, sound better than with out.

i appreciate everyones help...times are a little tough right now tho so im gonna see how she runs with the mufflers alone.

Back