free website stats program exhaust removal | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust removal

chuck60

I am changing the baffles on my 2012 softail classic and the pipe that comes out of the front cylinder has the baffle screw in line with the frame, so the pipe needs to come off. I know the clamp that holds the slip on, on, has to come off, but what else needs to come off, it is not held on the same as the road king I had was. Thanks for any info you give me.
Charlie

Are you removing header pipe and muffler? Road King exhaust is supported by a P clamp on the trans bracket for the head pipe and muffler supported from the saddle bag support bracket. The softail mufflers are supported by a bracket that is attached to the frame; you will have to remove the fasteners that secure the muffler to that bracket to remove.

The baffles are in the slip-ons, should be able to remove them ounce you get the slip-on off. (is there a pun here):D

I just had to remove one of the slip-on's, and both of the old baffles came out easy. I put the new Vance and Hines quiet baffles in and they sound great. Thanks all for the info.

Back